BIRTH PREPARATION CLASSES IN NTH FITZROY, MELBOURNE AND LIVE STREAMED VIA ZOOM.
One blustery night in 1998 I birthed my first baby – I’d been pushed to my absolute limits while at the same time experienced the most uplifting and joyous moment in my entire life. My partner was blown away by my power and the birth of each of our 3 girls deepened our respect and love for each other.
Childbirth has the potential to transform peoples lives, it’s a life changing experience. Being informed and making the right decisions can greatly influence the outcome of birth.
Do you want to have a positive experience? Do you hope to have a natural birth, if possible?…..You have come to the right place!
These classes take you through labour, birth & breastfeeding; informing you, preparing you & empowering you, with practical skills so that you can step into your birth feeling trusting & confident in your body. Learn about your baby & the process of birth, how you can influence the progress of labour & how your support person or partner can best support you. Feel confident to stay at home until you are ready to go to hospital if that is where you plan to give birth. Feel confident to work with your contractions rather than resisting them. Feel confident to open your body, let go & give birth with all your instinctive power. Then feel confident to hold your baby & feed them just as you imagined & dreamed of.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION FOR ALL WOMEN (& THEIR SUPPORT/PARTNERS)
Now offering Live Streamed series in 2021 for participants who live outside the Melbourne area. Book now for Series 4.
Live Streaming classes enables us to tailor the education to meet your needs with the opportunity to ask questions & participate in group discussion. You will also connect with other expecting couples with the possibility to continue connection after the classes have finished.
BOOK NOW! You will receive a link to the Zoom meeting ready for you to join when the class starts.
- 10 Hours of Quality Childbirth Education from Educators with over 60 years combined experience!
- Comprehensive & extensive learning covering: preparing for birth, getting into labour, what to do in labour, how your partner/support person can provide meaningful practical strategies to help you through, massage techniques, relaxation techniques, natural pain relieving strategies, positions, videos, getting started with breastfeeding & whats happening in the first 3 hours of your babies life, how best to survive the first 6 weeks with a newborn.
- Empowering, accessible & informing evidence-based information
- Course booklet (in Pdf format if live streaming) packed with information about birth preparation including: getting into labour so as to avoid induction, stages of labour, understanding pain, medical pain relief pros & cons, the role of hormones, massage techniques, partners support strategies, positions & much more. Post birth info includes: breastfeeding, your baby & sleep & introducing solids.
- Q and A opportunities throughout the course.
- Connect with other expecting couples & continue connecting after the classes have finished.
- Join our closed Facebook group exclusive to class attendees with the opportunity to share & discuss with other new parents.
Learn from the experts in knowledge & deliverance!
NEW CLASSES NOW STREAMING ONLINE!
Birth Education classes take place on the stolen lands of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people and we respect that sovereignty of those lands was never ceded. We pay respect to Elders, past and present, and acknowledge the pivotal role that Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people continue to play within the Australian community.