BIRTH CLASSES & BREASTFEEDING CONSULTATIONS
NTH FITZROY, MELBOURNE
One blustery night in 1998 I birthed my first baby – I’d been pushed to my absolute limits while at the same time experienced the most uplifting and joyous moment in my entire life. My partner was blown away by my power and the birth of each of our 3 girls deepened our respect and love for each other.
Childbirth has the potential to transform peoples lives, it’s a life changing experience. Being informed and making the right decisions can greatly influence the outcome of birth.
Do you want to have a positive experience? Do you hope to have a natural birth, if possible?…..You have come to the right place!
Come on a comprehensive journey through labour, birth & breastfeeding; informing you, preparing you & empowering you, with practical skills so that you can step into your birth feeling trusting & confident in your body. Learn about your baby & the process of birth, how you can influence the progress of labour & how your support person or partner can best support you. Feel confident to stay at home until you are ready to go to hospital if that is where you plan to give birth. Feel confident to work with your contractions rather than resisting them. Feel confident to open your body, let go & give birth with all your instinctive power. Then feel confident to hold your baby in your arms & breastfeed them following your innate mothering instincts.
BIRTH PREPARATION CLASSES
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION FOR ALL PEOPLE AWAITING A BABY!
- 10 Hours of Quality Childbirth Education from Educators with over 60 years combined experience!
- Comprehensive & extensive learning covering: preparing for birth, getting into labour, what to do in labour, how your partner/support person can provide meaningful practical strategies to help you through, massage techniques, relaxation techniques, natural pain relieving strategies, positions, videos, getting started with breastfeeding & whats happening in the first 3 hours of your babies life, how best to survive the first 6 weeks with a newborn.
- Empowering, accessible & informing evidence-based information
- Course booklet packed with information about birth preparation including: getting into labour so as to avoid induction, stages of labour, understanding pain, medical pain relief pros & cons, the role of hormones, massage techniques, partners support strategies, positions, breastfeeding, sleep, introducing solids. & much more.
- Q and A opportunities throughout the course.
- Connect with other expecting couples & continue connecting after the classes have finished.
Private In your home Birth Preparation Consultations also available by appointment.
AN ESSENTIAL CONSULTATION FOR ALL PEOPLE HOLDING A NEWBORN BABY!
Breastfeeding can be overwhelming in the first few weeks. Sometimes the lack of expertise and reassurance that you really need at the time just isn’t there. Don’t fall in a heap and struggle with breastfeeding. Address any minor problems early before they become problematic.
I am a Certified Thompson Method Breastfeeding Educator and Fine Tuning Consultant. I am available for home or hospital visits to help you avoid any potential breastfeeding problems. Most visits take around 2 hours and involve gentle observation of your baby breastfeeding. You will be reassured and learn immediately relevant information that will help you feel at ease and comfortable with your breastfeeding. If there are any minor issues I will address them on the spot so that you can feel empowered and relaxed to continue to breastfeed your baby without pain, confusion, expressing, or topping up. Breastfeeding is completely natural and easy when you have the right information and are able to follow your instincts.
You can book a Breastfeeding Consult as a discounted add-on when you book for your birth classes so that you are covered after your baby is born. Contact me when your baby is born or soon after. I will do a visit in the hospital or at home either in the first 24-72 hours or anytime during the first few weeks.